Number of Programs: 3
6005 J Road, Escanaba, MI, 49829.
The 1,745-acre MSU Forest Biomass Innovation Center in Escanaba is leading a number of initiatives to increase the sustainable use of wood in Michigan’s expanding bioeconomy. This wood will come from the surplus growing in the forests and from willow and poplar energy plantations on marginal farm land in the northern parts of the state. Work focuses on increasing yields, decreasing costs, reducing greenhouse gas and energy losses, retaining rural jobs, and improving supply chain efficiencies. Research at the center also focuses on forest genetics, silviculture and forested wetland management.
May 14 - 18, 2018
MSU Bioeconomy Institute, 242 Howard Avenue, Holland, MI, 49424
The MSU Bioeconomy Institute in Holland, Michigan, hosts a week-long, hands-on, chemical process scale-up workshop. The workshop will familiarize participants with the transitional issues encountered in moving a chemical process from the laboratory bench to a chemical plant. The workshop is available for credit (4 hours) or as non-credit.
Office of Biobased Technologies located at 109 Agriculture Hall, East Lansing, MI, 48824.
The MSU BioEconomy Network (MSU BEN) coordinates the increasingly diverse range of bioeconomy activities on campus, which span research, policy, economic analysis and education, as well as corporate and government collaborations and commercialization. The MSU BioEconomy Network reinforces MSU’s role in expanding the bioeconomy and underscores our commitment to partnerships with both the public and private sector. The BioEconomy Network can:
- Provide a link to researchers from many different disciplines
- Disseminate information to leverage new federal, foundation and corporate research and development opportunities
- Support the preparation of large, multidisciplinary grant applications
- Act as a point of contact to MSU's administration and other institutions
- Support meetings and symposia
- Help you work closely with MSU support units (e.g., MSU Technologies, MSU Business-CONNECT) and other assets (e.g., MBI)