Health & Medicine
Number of Programs: 5
Communication Arts and Sciences Building, 404 Wilson Road, Room 573A, East Lansing, MI 48823
We provide services such as:
- Assistance with focus groups.
- Development of health communication materials.
- Evaluate health communication materials and campaigns.
- Communication expertise on grant projects.
- Practical, hands-on media training for executives, management staff, and groups.
March 15, 2018 OR April 10, 2018
- March 15, 2018: James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Road, Lansing, MI 48910
- April 10, 2018: The Inn at St Johns, 44045 Five Mile Rd, Plymouth, MI 48170
This one-day seminar will provide a review of Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) graduates and their transition to the medical home and community resources with focus on optimal practices, evidence-based guidelines, updates in treatment, primary care physician perspective and family perspectives.
Desired Outcome: Case management professionals will: 1. Identify healthcare and behavioral issues in NICU graduates; 2. Explain evidence-based treatment options to enhance patient/family outcomes; 3. Engage community and family resources with the goal of ideal transitions of NICU grads to home/community
Continuing Education: Contact hours for nursing and social work will be available for eligible participants who attend the entire conference.
Healthcare Leadership Academy: Business Strategy For A Changing Landscape-Modules 1 and 2 (February, March 2018)
- Module 1: February 23 - 24, 2018
- Module 2: March 19 - 21, 2018
- Module 1: February 23 - 24, 2018: Grand Traverse Resort, 100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd, Acme, MI, 49610
- Module 2: March 19 - 21, 2018: James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Road, Lansing, MI 48910
In this program, participants will:
- Apply leadership strategies and skills including decision-making, managing change, conflict management, teamwork, communication and negotiation
- Discuss business analysis, strategic management and business tools obtained in class and through projects
- Identify emerging issues in healthcare management, best practices, and the connections between local issues and the greater healthcare environment
You will learn best practices to sustain your organization in the future and provide you with the knowledge you need to enhance your leadership role at your healthcare organization.
June 5, 2018. 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Rd, Lansing, Michigan, 48910
The Lean methodology is tailor made to address today’s operational challenges. Lean provides your team with tools that highlight the sources of process inefficiency, data collection techniques to quantify the magnitude of opportunities, and a problem-solving that methodology promotes engagement and data-driven decision making in any healthcare organization, regardless of size or specialty.
This seminar will utilize a real world health care example (MRI Utilization at a Children’s Hospital) to demonstrate the fundamentals of Lean Healthcare and provide a framework you can adapt in your healthcare organization.
Classes run from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm each Saturday.
- Unit 1: September 9 - October 14, 2017
- Unit 2: October 21 - December 2, 2017
- Unit 3: January 6 - February 10 , 2018
- Unit 4: February 17 - March 24, 2018
James B. Henry Center for Executive Development, 3535 Forest Rd, Lansing, MI 48910
The Nursing Home Administration Program offers 144 clock-hours of instruction in four units, each involving Saturday sessions. To complete the program, participants must attend 128 clock hours (90%) and pass a comprehensive final exam for each unit.
- Unit 1 covers leadership, labor and management contracts, affirmative action, wages, legal issues, HIPPA
- Unit 2 covers aging process, gerontology and geriatric infection control, nutrition, pharmacy.
- Unit 3 covers General and States Rules/Regulations for Dietary Services in Long Term Care Facilities, medicare, fire safety.
- Unit 4 covers accounting and budget, recreational, medicaid, and insurance.