Number of Programs: 2
This self-paced continuing nursing education (CNE) offering is developed to raise awareness of human trafficking- a form of modern day slavery becoming increasingly prevalent in Michigan, in the United States and globally. The aim of the module is to educate nurses and provide tools and strategies to assist in the care of victims of human trafficking. The content of the module complies with the standards of training of human trafficking as required by the Michigan Board of Nursing (MBON) that became effective January 6, 2017.
- October 1, 2018: Ron Suskind
- November 5, 2018: Nontombi Naomi Tutu
- March 18, 2019: Joy-Ann Reid
Wharton Center Cobb Great Hall, MSU, East Lansing, MI 48824
The MSU Wharton Center's World View Lecture Series allows participants to immerse themselves in today’s leading issues, with viewpoints presented by world-renowned experts, at amazingly low prices.
The 2018-2019 schedule includes:
- Ron Suskind: Ron Suskind’s book, Life, Animated: A Story of Sidekicks, Heroes and Autism, examines his family’s twenty-year adventure of the heart with his son, Owen.
- Nontombi Naomi Tutu: The challenges of growing up black and female in apartheid South Africa have been the foundation of Nontombi Naomi Tutu’s life as an activist, consultant, and educator.
- Joy-Ann Reid: Known for her insightful news analysis, Joy-Ann Reid hosts AM JOY on MSNBC, and serves as a national correspondent appearing on MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show, Hardball with Chris Matthews, and The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell.