Number of Programs: 1
The Master of Science in Beam Physics requires a total of 30 credits, of which at least 16 must be at the graduate level. The remainder may be upper division undergraduate. Master's students are also required to complete a Master's Thesis or Master’s Essay (remotely, with supervisor at MSU and/or with approved external mentors at National Laboratories and other universities)--up to 12 credits.
Credit can be earned in a variety of ways by combination of the following classes:
- Introduction to Beam Physics (online): PHY 861, 3 credits
- Nonlinear Beam Dynamics (online): PHY 961, 3 credits
- Particle Accelerators (online): PHY 962, 3 credits (may be taken twice)
- US Particle Accelerator School (USPAS online): PHY 963, 3 credits (may be taken repeatedly)
- Seminar in Beam Physics Research: PHY 964, 3 credits (may be taken repeatedly)